IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 250+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, France and Singapore. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software QA Manager to effectively manage and implement the testing process and strategy by understanding the discipline of testing and creating the test infrastructure that supports the context of every release/project.
At IQM, we offer you the possibility to change the world and leave your mark on it. You will be participating in the journey of creating disruptive quantum computing technology. With us, you will have a chance to lead the testing and quality assurance of the software stack for Quantum computers. We work in a state of art Agile environment, where you can affect how the work is done most efficiently. As an essential part of the Software team, you also get to work with a highly skilled team.
To succeed in the role, we are looking for a person with in-depth knowledge of modern software testing trends and tools, software development, and how software is done from QA point of view. You have an active hands-on attitude to drive things forward, guide the team and implement the testing process within the project/unit, and improve quality overall by helping to identify issues at the early stages of the developed solution.
As a person, you have an eye for details and planning and are able to tackle problems from a technical approach, suggest improvements, and propose new processes. You would have an excellent teamwork mentality and communications skills to guide the teams with your expertise.
- Prior experience in working with Quality Assurance role of software environments combining software and hardware.
Preferred experience and skills?
- Ability to plan, document and maintain test processes.
- Agile software testing management skills. Resource allocation, scheduling, reporting.
- Experience in creating a plan of action to fulfil quality standards
- Defining and implementing QA plan and processes
- Regulated industry knowledge
- Driving continuous improvement in the testing process
- Strong communication skills. Effective communication with stakeholders, development teams, and senior management
- You have a basic understanding of container orchestration and workload management tools, such as Docker, Docker-compose, K8S and testing infrastructure
- Knowledge of Python
What differentiates You
- Hands-on experience on working in QA roles in industry, where software is a component of the complex technology product
- Knowledge of cybersecurity related testing in CI/CD pipelines
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting edge technology
- Cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.