IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 250+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, France and Singapore. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
We are now looking for a Senior HW Design Engineer to strengthen our engineering team! This is a unique career opportunity to join our journey towards quantum future! If you are motivated to work with quantum computers and have an enthusiastic and curious attitude, you may be the person we are looking for.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will have HW design duties on microwave and baseband instruments, focussing on HW implementing high speed digital signal processing with a possibility to reach to the analog domain. Participate in the requirements eliciting process based on which a HW architecture is designed, including the choice of key components. This is then followed by schematic level design including possible simulations. In some cases, you will also deliver the layout and possibly analyse the signal and power integrities. You will also characterise the prototypes using the usual measurement equipment for HW in a well equipped HW laboratory. Other responsibilities include:
- Technical project management on HW design and co-operation with sub-contractors.
- Supervision and mentoring the work conducted by junior designer.
- Providing the necessary input for the technical documentation on the HW designs you are working with.
- Regular communication with other experts from different domains in the team and being in contact with prototype manufacturing service providers.
- Regular coordination with the testing experts in the team is needed to prepare test plans for prototype and to make sure the product enables efficient production testing.
- You will participate in the development of HW design R&D processes, including establishing an efficient transfer of design to production.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of experience on commercial projects in the industry
- Solid experience on HW designs concentrated around FPGAs or CPUs, including high speed (> 10Gbps) digital busses
- Experience on high-speed digital and mixed-signal PCB design, preferably with Altium Designer
- Background in designing low noise analog electronics, designing for EMI / EMC and experience on complex multilayer PCB build-ups and understanding on their manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge on schematic levels simulation tools, such as LTspice, PSpice, HW designs containing PCIe and on signal and power integrity simulations using tools like SIWave and Hyperlynx
- Experience of using project handling tools such as Jira.
- Experience on prototype characterisations and test planning to evaluate the performance against requirements
- Familiarity on signal integrity measurements, i.e. serial bus characterisation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and a good team player
- Ability to take ownership on larger entities and deriving executable work packages from those
- Ability transfer high level requirements, i.e. allowed noise level within a signal, to board level requirements to steer the design of the electronics
- Ability to take technical leadership on several HW design projects and working within a team consisting of experts from different areas of engineering
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting edge technology
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.