IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In 4 years, we have grown to 250+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, and France. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
Our Algorithms and Applications team is very active in planning strategies for fault-tolerant quantum computing as well as exploring and optimizing quantum algorithms. IQM quantum error correction engineers are paving the way from near-term quantum computers to fault-tolerant quantum computers. They are actively performing and supporting quantum error correction experiments on IQM hardware.
Do you want to be part of this exciting quest? We have an open position that you should take a look at!
We are looking for a Quantum Error Correction Engineer in Munich to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress. You will be embedded in the Quantum Algorithm and Application Team and in constant exchange with other technical Teams of IQM.
What will I be doing?
As a member of our quantum error correction workline in the algorithm and application team, you will design quantum error-correcting protocols as well as state-of-the-art decoding algorithms contributing to the core technology of our quantum computers. This role has an emphasis on developing and integrating quantum error-correcting tools for the near future.
Depending on your background and interest, the work might be one of the following:
- Development and simulation of state-of-the-art codes
- Improving the performance of existing decoding algorithms
- Reducing the computational complexity of protocols for magic-state distillation
- Performing and assisting in quantum error correction experiments on IQM hardware
What skills do I need?
- Ph.D. in theoretical physics, computer science, applied mathematics, or related areas
- Deep knowledge of quantum error-correcting codes and quantum information
- Knowledge of the theory of superconducting circuits is appreciated
- 2+ years experience developing code using Python or C/C++ or another high-level language for scientific applications
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- Designing quantum error-correcting codes with connectivity constraints
- Implementation of multi-qubit logical gates, e.g., lattice surgery
- Decoding algorithms based on model graphs, e.g., union-find and minimum-weight perfect matching algorithms
- Machine-learning-based decoding algorithmso Implementation of decoding algorithms in FPGA
- Quantum algorithm-specific error correction, e.g., simulation of fermionic systems
- You feel comfortable in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- You keep your skills and knowledge fresh and are always eager to learn more
- You create elegant solutions amidst complexity
- You care deeply about building quality in and keeping the internal and external quality of your code high
- You understand how to balance current needs with future scalability and extensibil
What I can expect from IQM
- An excellent opportunity to collaborate on world-class R&D and cutting-edge technology
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse company on a critical mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
- Team with a relaxed and cozy atmosphere
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.