IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, found in Espoo, Finland. Since 2019, we have grown to 200+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, and France. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
We are strengthening our Business team and seeking Business Development Manager to join the IQM journey toward Quantum Future!
You will be a critical contributor to IQM's global business development efforts in delivering new quantum hardware sales. By building and owning relationships with national governments, research labs, supercomputing centers, and selected enterprise or industrial customers, you'll understand the local needs and define a solution with IQM's products. To support your work, you will be working with local experts and IQM's technical and business teams, including senior management. You will be reporting to the Head of Business Development.
What will I be doing?
- Creating business plans and strategies for assigned territories and driving implementation, including developing sales pipeline and closing sales cases
- Account and key account management and development in assigned territories
- Hosting external visitors (customers, partners, governments) together with the management team and marketing
- Participating to trade fairs, events, and exhibitions as a member of the IQM team and staff at the booth
- Identifying the customer needs and business cases for quantum computing
- Creating value proposition for sales cases
- Creating business opportunities and unlocking public sector and enterprise clients
- Working with a diverse and international team of internal and external stakeholders
What skills do I need?
- MSc, MBA, or relevant degree in engineering or business
- At least 5 years of experience in customer interfacing and sales in an HPC environment
- Business, sales development, or account management experience
- Strong understanding of HPC customers, suppliers and ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including relationship management, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Self-management in terms of the ability to multi-task, prioritize, set and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop yourself in a fast-phased international environment
- Fluent written and verbal skills in English and German
Skills that are seen as beneficial
- International sales experience
- Other language skills concerned as a strong plus (Finnish, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese)
What I can expect from IQM
- An excellent opportunity to collaborate on world-class R&D and cutting-edge technology
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse company on a critical mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
- Team with a relaxed and cozy atmosphere
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.