IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 200+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, and France. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
As a part of the global Project Management team, your responsibilities include ensuring that business-critical projects in the company are carried out and delivered in an efficient way. You will be leading internal development projects (including hardware and/or software development or projects on establishing internal capabilities) or customer delivery projects.
- Facilitating the definition of project scope and project plan with the relevant stakeholders
- Coordinating project work across different teams so that the project goals are met; facilitating cross-functional project team meetings; coaching project team members
- Managing effective communication with external partners or customers
- Leading possible changes throughout the project
- Managing effective project communication across all layers of the organization. Sharing views about the project goals, progress, and challenges, finding resolutions to roadblocks
- Creating project budget and following project actuals
- Managing project risks pro-actively, finding mitigation plans, and executing them
- Together with other IQM project managers, contributing to the continuous development of company ways of working and participating in creating company processes and tools
What skills do I need?
- M.Sc. in a technical field such as Physics, Electronics, or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in project management, preferably experience in leading large system product development (HW+SW) projects
- Proactive and customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent organizational skills such as planning and prioritization
- Excellent project communication skills, such as expectation management, risk and change management
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Skills that are seen as an advantage
- Project management-related certification is an asset but not required
- Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile methods
- Finnish skills
What I can expect from IQM
- A great opportunity to collaborate on world-class R&D and cutting-edge technology
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse company on a critical mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
- Team with a relaxed and cozy atmosphere
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.