IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In three years, we have grown to 190+ employees and have established subsidiaries in France, Germany, and Spain. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and in the future.
You will design, measure, and characterize quantum computing hardware as a Josephson Amplifier Specialist. You'll create methods for optimizing quantum processors and will collaborate on a variety of projects that will contribute to IQM's mission of building a quantum computer.
What will I be doing?
- Create and simulate quantum processors with low-error quantum gates and fast, high-fidelity readout for improved performance.
- Superconducting quantum circuit measurement and characterisation, including processor calibration and benchmarking
- Control electronics and cryogenic refrigeration are used in the operation of the quantum processing support infrastructure.
- Design for (quantum part of) readout amplification chain
What skills do I need?
- PhD in circuit QED / Superconducing microwave circuits
- Design of at least some of the following, not just used as part of a measurement setup
- Wideband near-quantum-limited microwave amplifier, eg. TWPA / IMPA (travelling wave / impedance-matched parameter amplifier)
- Non-reciprocal parametric devices eg. frequency converter, circulator
- Has seen his/hers designs come out from fab and measured them
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting-edge technology
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.