IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In three years, we have grown to 190+ employees and have established subsidiaries in France, Germany, and Spain. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
We are looking for a Quantum Computer Infrastructure Engineer who co-creates beautiful infrastructure with the software team for the operating environment for a quantum computer. The infrastructure is a mix of modern high-performance computing toolchains and low-level hardware, which communicates with IQM's state-of-the-art QPU. The infrastructure provides high-performance and high-throughput APIs to higher-level components, which execute quantum algorithms and provide a platform for scientific experiments.
The technical domain you will operate is very broad, ranging from understanding nitty-gritty details of networking to operating container orchestration platforms and data flow automation tools. You will benefit from an in-depth understanding of Unix operating systems, modern MLOps tools, and infrastructure as code. Our challenge is to compose state-of-the-art infrastructure for a quantum computer, where your main weapon will be creativity since a quantum computer operating system requires the novel composition of existing knowledge.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer or DevOps Engineer to join our team. We don't expect long experience in the field or previous experience in quantum computer infrastructure. You are creative, eager to learn and possess in-depth knowledge in some relevant areas, to show us that you're able to dig all the way to the last turtle when it is needed.
We will provide a supportive environment to grow as a deep-tech infrastructure professional, and create you a career path towards the rare breed of high-demand deep technology specialists.
If this would make you sparkle, please show us hands-on experience on some of the following:
It is advantageous to have direct or transferable skills or an interest in the following areas:
- Infrastructure automation tools: Ansible, Terraform
- Continuous deployment and deployment testing automation
- Container orchestration and workload management tools: Docker, Docker-compose, K8S
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), L2/L3, Docker network drivers
- Python build and test environments: GitLab, or other CI platforms
- Hypervisors: KVM, Linux operating system
- Monitoring tools: e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack
- Building blocks for distributed computing environments: DramatiQ, Prefect, RabbitMQ, Argo, or similar tools
- Software development skills: Python / Golang
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to be part of world-class R&D and implement cutting-edge technology
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.