IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 190+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain and France. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
We are now looking for a Microelectronics Packaging Designer to strengthen our Future Emerging Technologies team! In this role, you will identify the technology path that allows large-scale quantum processors to be built. You are an industry expert who is not intimidated by the complexity and you are able to bring clarity into an undefined environment.
What will I be doing?
- Leading the testing of new materials and assembly technologies
- Designing advanced electrical wiring solutions for a cryogenic environment
- Communicating with component vendors and subcontractors
What skills do I need?
- Ph.D. or MSc in Physics, Engineering, or equivalent field
- Background in high channel-count sensors such as pixel detectors for astronomy, large-scale physics or aerospace
- 5+ years of experience with advanced die packaging
- Solid experience with one or more of the following technologies: Flip-chip, Bump-bonding, BGA, Special-purpose circuit board materials, wafer bonding
- Experience with engineering for reliability and failure analysis
- Basics of Microwave engineering
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbal
Nice to have
- Experience with Cryogenics and Vacuum technologies
- Experience in cleanroom operations, handling of dies and wafers
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting-edge technology
- Cutting-edge laboratory infrastructure
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately.