IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 170+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, and France. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
We are looking for a Quantum Application Engineer (m/w/d) to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress. We are looking for a colleague who will act as a crucial link between business and technology.
Our Algorithms and Applications team is very active in exploring and optimizing quantum algorithms. You will help to fill the connection between such algorithms and their applications. You will also be acting in a supporting role in discussions with external companies and partners where the technical expertise of the team is required.
What will I be doing?
- You will be interfacing between business and technology functions
- You will play a key role in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- You will create elegant explanations amidst complexity
What skills do I need?
- M.Sc. in physics, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar field
- Broad knowledge of quantum algorithms and quantum information
- Ability to explain, illustrate and communicate intricate findings to a broad audience with various levels of knowledge
- Ability to quickly parse through quantum computing application papers
- Passion for and deep knowledge of applications of quantum computing in the industry
- Advantageous to have business experience
- You care deeply about honest communication
- You understand how to balance current needs with future scalability and extensibility
- You will keep your skills and knowledge fresh and are always eager to learn more
What I can expect from IQM?
- An excellent opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting edge technology
- Cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet IQM People and hear our stories on Youtube here >>
Please send your application the soonest, we proceed with interviews with a continuous mode.