IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 250+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, and France. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
Are you interested in designing quantum processing units and want to contribute to the core technology of our quantum computers? We have an open position that you should take a look at!
We are looking for several Quantum Engineers in Munich to support our mission of expanding the frontier of scientific and technological progress. You will be embedded in the Design Simulation Team and in constant exchange with other technical teams at IQM.
What will I be doing?
As a member of our simulations team, you will design quantum processing units and contribute to the core technology of our quantum computers. This role has an emphasis on developing and integrating the tools to scale up quantum processor design. Your tasks will mainly focus on developing tools to integrate and automate the design workflow, while also significantly extending our open-source design framework KQCircuits. Depending on your background and interest, the work can also include:
- Quantum physics and design calculations.
- Electromagnetic field simulations, including finite element and lumped circuit modeling.
- Numerical modeling and optimization.
What skills do I need?
- Prior experience in superconducting qubit design
- Excellent understanding of RF design and measurement concepts
- Good programming skills (we work mostly with Python)
- Ph.D. in physics, or equivalent level of experience in a related engineering field
- Knowledge of quantum physics and quantum computing
- The ability to make engineering tradeoffs between competing requirements.
We are in this together and expect great cooperation skills and teamwork from all colleagues at IQM! Additionally, it's an advantage if you have an affinity with numerical methods and optimization and experience with electromagnetic field simulators such as Ansys HFSS, Comsol, or Sonnet.
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting edge technology
- Cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.